Harrison was founded in 1946, when Leonard Harrison began constructing agricultural buildings for businesses in the Lincolnshire area and was later joined by his brother Eric Harrison. Family members Jim and Gordon Harrison and Margaret Easton joined the company in the 1960s and Harrison established a reputation for design, construction and civil engineering work carried out to the highest standards for a mainly local client base. Much of our work over the years has been ‘repeat’ business, a sure indication of our customers’ satisfaction.
Prestige builders Orion Developments acquired Harrison in 2007, with directors Tim Lumb, Chris Weston and Andrew Largent joining the existing management team. Centred on continuity, security of employment and an approachable managerial style, Orion’s corporate values mirrored Harrison’s and the acquisition was made with continuity and further growth in mind. As well as bringing greater financial strength, Orion’s team has enhanced the broad range of expertise which Harrison are able to offer to clients across a variety of sectors.
In 2010 Andrew Largent took over the role of Managing Director when Jim decided it was time to reduce his work load and hand over the reins. Following Gordon’s retirement in 2014, Steve Howden was appointed Construction Director to oversee the management of projects. Our commitment to complete customer satisfaction remains as strong as ever.